INVERTER POWER SOURCES FOR ELECTRODE WELDING
VRD – Voltage Reduction Device – everywhere you weld
RAINBOW 183 cell VRD & RAINBOW 150 VRD unit are standard fitted with a Voltage Reduction Device to reduce the maximum open-circuit voltage at the output terminals to less than 15 V as long as the arc starts and the selected welding current becomes fully available.
On the contrary, immediately at the end of the welding operation, the power source voltage goes back to a safe level till next welding cycle reoccurs.
These units always provide the users with an additional safety protection when working in all highly hazardous environments such as damp, caustic, salty and wet places.
These machine fully compliant with strict Australian Standards AS16742.-2003 imposed for welding machines used in any place classified as dangerous. All such features make RAINBOW 183 cell VRD & RAINBOW 150 VRD ideal for use in mining industry and onsite works.
The voltage monitoring LED changes colour depending on circumstances, i.e:
- GREEN: whenever voltage is less than 35V both while welding or in open circuit condition.
- RED: whenever voltage is more than 35V while welding, depending on the real arc voltage.
- Reduced weight and size, easy-to-carry
- Innovative and compact design
- Shock-proof fibre compound main structure
- Control panel protected against accidental impact
- Robust handle built-in into the chassis
- Excellent welding characteristics with any type of electrode
- Low energy consumption and high electrical efficiency
- Suitable to be used with 100 m length mains cable without power loss
- Possibility to work with power generator sets of adequate size thanks to over-under voltage protection against fluctuations
- Automatic compensation for mains voltage fluctuations within + 15% – 20%
- 3 available welding processes: MMA – CrNi – TIG
- Built-in Arc Force to automatically select the best welding arc dynamic characteristic
- Automatic Hot Start to improve the arc striking with the most difficult electrodes
- Electrode Antisticking function